Saturday, August 06, 2005

This Concert is pretty bad...

I'm working the Scream 4 concert at the arena. It's with a bunch of teeny-bopper hip hop stars like Bow Wow, Omarion, Marques Houston and Bobby Valentino. As a dj I have to try to keep up with the latest stuff but it's really hard. I still like loud music but at hip hop concerts it's overkill. The sound system volume is at it's peak, they're just singing or rapping to music tracks, no bands. Minimal lighting is used and there's a couple of flame explosions. I get to see some really good concerts working here but this is not really one of them. As far as the music it's really as if someone threw on an old 70s funk record and rapped or sang over the lyrics with their own words. Where's the creativity? I may be showing my age but I know the older folks know what I'm talking about. No one did it like Earth Wind and Fire, a young, black Michael Jackson or even Cameo. If this is all it takes to entertain people it sure doesn't take much. On a side note, I was in the elevator with Khleo Thomas. He's actually rapping with Bow Wow. He was looking for a suite when I first got here so I directed him on where to go. I even let him know that I knew who he was by asking him if he's going to be in any other movies. Talented kid.

2 Comments:

At 2:58 AM , Blogger Da Factor said...

Dude,that's so funny,I can imagine all the bratz running around screaming.

 
At 8:40 AM , Blogger triple5funk said...

maaan....that show sure doesn't beat watching kriss kross, mc lyte, kid capri, and the fu-shnickens on the yo! mtv raps tour hosted by ed lover and dr. dre at the concord pavilion...i was in 8th grade...and my cousins and i helped each other out in coordinating our outfits.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home