Friday, July 22, 2005

Almost over the hump

We're still sick. At least Laurie's and my flu is almost done, Andres' temperature is gone, but Mio is still a little there. It's been rough going because you just can't do everything at 100 percent. You move slower and think slower and since it's all of us, even just getting some juice for the boys can be tough. We've been to the hospital 3 different times this week so we have a pretty good-sized bill for it, plus the prescriptions. I expect to be back at work on monday but I know I'll be feeling it when I do. Thankfully there are no gigs this weekend although I definitely could use the money. Not much to post about because all we can do is watch tv and rest while at home. I'm afraid our electricity bill is going to be huge this month because of all the time the tv was on as well as the computer. One thing I have been able to learn to use is the Comcast On Demand. We watched some movies that they had available, particularly "Scratch", a movie about dj's and turntablists. Saw my buddy Mix Master Mike in it, as well as Q-Bert and all the other pros. It was nice to see the Pinoy dj's get some love. There was even a kid from Vallejo, Snake Eyez, who was a competitor at the 2000 DMC. I was able to put on some shows for the boys too like Animal Planet's Most Extreme and a National Geographic show on sharks, all literally "On Demand". It'll be like this for us on saturday and sunday as well.

4 Comments:

At 11:00 PM , Blogger Edward said...

glad to hear that you guys are starting to feel a little better

 
At 12:36 AM , Blogger Mur said...

Man, it hit you guys hard! I hope the energy level starts climbing mmore.

 
At 8:26 AM , Blogger Gary said...

Hope you guys get well soon! I heard Snake Eyes on Wild 94 the other morning, he's pretty good!

 
At 6:29 PM , Blogger Mel said...

glad to hear you guys are feeling better!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home