Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Ahh... mexican food

I have a taqueria in concord that I visit frequently, hence the lbs. that I've added to my frame. I went there for lunch and got myself a torta sandwich. It's bomb but it's also hot with jalapenos. I'm sweating from my nose and cooling my tongue with a cherry coke. I was supposed to baon this morning. Laurie was gonna make us sandwiches but I figured don't worry about it. I didn't have a torta sandwich in mind at the time though. It just came to me at lunch. So I walked over there, a couple blocks down, and it's hot. With nothing but pavement in front of me it just got hotter. Shade showed little mercy. Although I'm looking forward to going home, I know it's gonna be even hotter. The double V is muy hace calor.
We started a workout program last night and even the garage at 9:30pm is hot. I remember growing up in Vallejo and playing outside with my buddies in this type of heat, but as an older person I am just wienie-ing out. (At least you know how I got so dark.) I'm trying to find a cardio plan that won't be too boring so after watching "Coach Carter" I got the idea that I can do "suicides". We called them ladders in my day but I think suicide is more like it. I ran up and down our street at 9:45pm like a mad man, but boy was I huffin and puffin.
I'm doing this for a couple reasons. One, I need to get off my ass and do something. Two, the wife also wants to get off her ass and do something. We'll do it together. Three, if we get in good enough shape maybe that'll mark a return to the stage for the Laxa's. We'll see. Seeing all the Brazil chatter makes you long for the days when you could just take off and go, no matter what. With a family and a house you really have to give it a second thought. And hey, if we prepare for next year, get to our idea weight, we'll be ready to go. If we can't go, we are still down to our preferred weight. Wish us luck.

4 Comments:

At 6:38 PM , Blogger Mur said...

Good luck...I started working out also!

 
At 2:26 AM , Blogger Gary said...

It's a challenge for everyone! Just stick with it!

 
At 11:34 AM , Blogger laragitara said...

good luck damomoo and mighty mom! more power to ya!! r & i are have also been working out together twice a week... we take the cardio kickboxing class at 24 hour. exercising together... what a concept! the challenge for me is NOT to walk into my nearby favourite restaurants for dinner right after the hour long workout. that's really the most difficult part!!

 
At 8:19 PM , Blogger triple5funk said...

hrmm..what taqueria do u go to in concord?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home