Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Stuck in a rut

Ok, so I'm cool at my job with the bank. I've got a decent position, with an officer title (woohoo). But if you're familiar with banks you know that the work is just not very challenging but very tedious. I wanna look for other things but just not sure what's really out there. Plus, living out in the double V, I have to see if there's work out there, maybe in Sac or just back down in the east bay. The city is just out of the question unless I was getting 6 figures of course. At least at the bank there a couple of things going on. I finally got a laptop, although I crashed it viewing sites that gave me spyware, dammit. No, not those kind of sites. Well kind of those sites, but not really the hardcore stuff. Anyways, I do have time to surf the web, check people's blogs, read newspaper all across the country (which I love to do, especially op-eds) and see what people are selling on craigslist. And that's why I feel like I'm in a rut because I do this basically everyday. I'll get off my butt and look around.

Looking forward to Tahoe. It should be nice up there and the family will get to swim at the Marriott grand lodge right next to Heavenly. We could end up playing just 2 games if we lose 2 in a row but I expect us to play well. We went 2-2 last year which was cool. I pitched most of the games which was tough because we play in the heat and the thin air which can take your breath away quickly. Just running to first base can be murder. It reminds me of dancing in Bagiuo and running up and down the stairs for quick changes. I never felt more tired than I did that day. Although there was that time we hiked in Mt. Tam carrying camping gear on our backs for about 4-5 hours straight. That was tiring also. We should try that again, right UPSer?

6 Comments:

At 2:33 PM , Blogger Gary said...

I take it that you didn't get a mac ;-)

Although I love macs, my g5 has been acting funky with hard drives?

For the PC, I'd recommend using firefox as your web browser.

 
At 3:07 PM , Blogger Mur said...

running up and down the stairs for quick changes? how about lugging all the suitcases, instruments, and props up to the theatre from the bus! That was hell!

 
At 4:07 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

ah... the rut... i know the rut well... it has become a faux security blanket for me... or
maybe i'm just numb to it now.

i'd rather be camping too!

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger bev said...

i don't remember running up and down stairs for quick changes either...i must have blocked it out of my mind?

although I DO remember lugging the suitcases!! ugh!!

 
At 7:37 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Hey meet me at base of the trail at Mt. Tam and we'll get a walking...yeah right.

I had to lug the whole tangongog set across the busy street, up the stairs, across the plaza, then up some more stairs, then take another five minutes to figure out where the entrance was. BTW the set weighed about 50lbs (9 gongs)

 
At 11:44 PM , Blogger double R said...

hey john, we miss you -- come visit us here in van soon.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home