Thursday, June 30, 2005

The light at the end of the tunnel

It is almost friday and three days off are looking me straight in the eye. I've already got half of my body outside of my office. Me being the loyal and hardworking guy that I am, I just do not want to call in sick to work. Really, I just don't do it unless I really have an emergency. I'll still be here tomorrow wondering if we're the only ones at work. I'm not looking forward to the friday traffic with everyone trying to shoot up 80 to go to a lake or Reno (Reno anyone?). If you're coming over to the double V on sunday for our get-together I'll have two turntables and two CDJs for whoever wants to spin. There'll be plenty of oysters, probably some bbq, so come on down. Although I'm not looking forward to the heat this weekend, at least there will be some cool drinks and spirits to take in as well.

8 Comments:

At 8:19 PM , Blogger Gary said...

I forgot about the long weekend! Woo hoo!

 
At 8:22 AM , Blogger triple5funk said...

sounds like a great long weekend in the double v! oysters..yum! records...yum! will post my latest musical purchases on my blog soon...

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger Mel said...

have an awesome bbq! wish we could be there!

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger neekoh said...

when i was in college, i thought that VV would be the perfect place to raise a family -- big enough to have the outlets, the Wooz, and a QZar (yeah, it sucks that these are both gone!), 1 hour from SF, 30 mins from Sac, affordable housing, and still have good schools. I don't think my mind has changed...I just need to convince Bern.

 
At 11:05 AM , Blogger neekoh said...

also, I dream of buying the Nut Tree and turning it into a Filipino Cultural Center (a la PCC in Oahu).

 
At 12:23 PM , Blogger DJ John said...

Neekoh has all the best ideas... I'm really feelin' the double V though. It's all good so far.

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

oh that sounds like fun! i'd like to try to attend your shindig! i don't know where you guys live though. send me an email please... laragitara@yahoo.com

thanks!

 
At 4:30 PM , Blogger triple5funk said...

there was a time where i thought the VV was HELLA FAR. but now it's only like umm...45 mins. from Concord? i was there with my mom over Spring Break...she bought me my "birthday/christmas present" a coach bag!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home