Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Hump Day/Night

So wednesday is here and although I'm now home I'll be leaving for softball soon. I have a game in Benicia at 8:50 at night, yikes! We're having an informal dinner on the kitchen island. I heated up the last of the KFC (we're boycotting KFC, Laurie's dad brought it, I do miss the chicken skin though) and I'm eating it with the spicy jufran. Spicy jufran is the bomb. I also opened up some chunky artichoke and jalapeno dip that I'm eating with some ruffles. The dip is kinda old so you might hear about it tomorrow but I hope not. I should be eating some all dressed chips from Canada. Hand them over whoever has them and I'll let the little boy go =).

I saw the the American Film Institute put out it's top 100 movie lines. Here' s my top 5 from the top of my head at least:

5. "Eh hebune setna!" Arnold Voslo The Mummy
4. "How many ribs I get with that?" Chris Rock I'm Gonna Git You Sucka
3. "Sexual Chocolate!" Eddie Murphy Coming To America
2. "They're always after me lucky charms!" That Irish Guy in Austin Powers
1. "Mr. Han, suddenly, I like to leave your island." Jim Kelly Enter The Dragon

I know you guys got yours.

11 Comments:

At 8:28 PM , Blogger bev said...

why are you boycotting KFC?

 
At 9:39 PM , Blogger Randy said...

"Joey...have you ever seen a grown man naked?..." - Airplane!

"Negative Ghost Rider, the pattern is full..." - Top Gun

"She's gone from suck to blow..." Space Balls

 
At 1:09 PM , Blogger DJ John said...

The KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut corporation is a big time supporter of the Bush administration. Trying to be politically conscience of where I buy stuff although sometimes you can't avoid it. Buy Blue!

 
At 2:46 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

Hey Damomoo...

really enjoy reading your posts! we've been boycotting mcdonalds, burger king, kfc, taco bell, pizza hut, walmart, most tv shows (except simpsons), and most corporations for years now - specially since i read "fast food nation".

i'm glad to see there are other conscientious folks out there. our choices speak volumes to our children as well. my kids would often say, "mcdonalds is not good for you", or better yet... and this one i had nothing to do with... "disney is evil because they use sweat shops!" (god love them!) they are boycotting all disney products. (i'm so proud!)

LG

 
At 3:13 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

forgot my movie lines...

1. "his insanity was seeping into mine!!!" - Spaulding Gray, Monster in a Box.

2. "if it BENDS its funny, if it doesn't bend it's not funny" - Allan Alda in Woody Allen's Crimes and Misdemeanors

3. "No capes!" and "Go! Confront the problem! Fight! Win! Then call me when you get back, I do enjoy our visits." and - Edna Mode, The Incredibles

4. "I never look back darling, it detracts from the now" - Edna Mode, The Incredibles

5. "Talent is luck. The important thing in life is courage." - Woody Allen, Manhattan

6. (I know only five, but i love this one...)
"This is Davis ... I forgot my mantra." - Jeff Goldblum playing LA guy in Woody Allen's Annie Hall

 
At 5:00 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

oops.. i misquoted....

should be:
"if it BENDS it's funny, if it BREAKS it's not funny"

and

"i had boundary issues, and his insanity was seeping into mine!!"

 
At 5:14 PM , Blogger DJ John said...

Laragitara is good, isn't she folks?

 
At 9:58 AM , Blogger neekoh said...

i like that line from Annie Hall. I never watched the movie, but reading it now makes me laugh.

I'm sure I have a bunch of favorite lines, but I am the worse at verbatim quotes, so I would just ruin it.

 
At 10:06 AM , Blogger neekoh said...

Bern didn't like it when we went to Disneyland and instead of being fun, I would remind her that it was all a facade for one of the most evil corporations around. Simpsons = FOX = Rupert Murdoch. I hate Fox more than Disney. I hate media conglomerates overall.

In order of Hate
1. News Corp. (FOX)
2. Disney (ABC)
3. GE (NBC) - Actually one of my competitors, which adds to the hate, and everyone's on a Six Sigma trip cause of Jack Welch. Otherwise, would have been tied with Viacom.
4. Viacom (CBS) - seems to me, Viacom tends to be more liberal -- go Janet and Justin! -- esp. with MTV, BET, and VH1.

Ok, sorry for the longass comment. I'll keep to my own blog now.

 
At 10:19 AM , Blogger laragitara said...

:-)
aww shucks!!!

LG

 
At 11:34 PM , Blogger DJ John said...

Damn Neekoh, you had to bring up six sigma. BofA is doing the shiet too. I can't believe it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home