Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Small world, ok, not that small but still...

Ok, so I'm sitting in the family room enjoying LOTR, Return of the King, in dolby digital last nite when Laurie tells me from upstairs to change the tv to channel 2, the 10 O'clock news. I reluctantly do it but I see a woman standing in front of a building that looks very familiar. Laurie yells, "It's the studio!" I'm like, "Un-oh, fire? What could possibly be going on?" Turns out it may be a murder-suicide, 2 men and 1 woman, crazy. Now, I've done some crazy things in my past relationships. I can be the biggest baby, cryin like a you-know-what, but murder? Yikes! Reminds me of the Chappelle's Show skit, "When keepin' it real goes wrong". You can be as hard as you want but the minute you cross that line, it's over and you've ended up in a world you never thought you'd reach. But these people are dead, and it's now going to affect everyone involved in their life and people they didn't even know. That's a real ripple effect. Just think if the gun set off the fire alarm and the sprinklers went off, Likha's costumes would be screwed! I'm not trying to minimize what happened to these three people but look how far the ripple would have reached if it did. That's why I'm always conscious about cause and effect.

2 Comments:

At 8:42 PM , Blogger Randy said...

i wanna see your new dj set up. one of these days, we'll take out q-bert.

 
At 10:46 PM , Blogger Gary said...

I was thinking the same thing.. About their families and the grief that they'll be experiencing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home