Monday, July 04, 2005

Thanks for the memories

The weekend is over and I'm already looking forward to the next weekend. We'll be in Tahoe for a softball tournament, which is a yearly trip for our D.O.M Softball squad. It stands for Dirty Ol' Men. But in between I'll have some dates at work to attend to but I also have jury duty on thursday in Vallejo. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get out of it, let's hear it. Although I would love to do my civic duty and serve, I also know that I would just embarrass myself and fall asleep during the trial. I don't think I can tell the judge that though.

As for the weekend that just passed, I want to thank all of you who took the time to make the trek out to the double V. I really enjoyed bbqing for ya'll. I hope you enjoyed the OYSTERS. Those guys were huge! I hope your hearing all came back after pumping the surround sound to the top levels. And I hope you'll all come back down again. We're still looking to do a real housewarming and houseblessing. Congrats to Ledge and Aileen on having their house blessed this weekend also. Good things do happen to good people.

6 Comments:

At 11:52 AM , Blogger ojpt said...

Thanks for having us over. As always, it was a blast hanging at the Laxa manor. My favorite moment: Andres wanted to go play at the park at 11pm. When I told him we can't because it's nighttime, he says, "no, actually it's parktime." That kid cracks me up =)

 
At 12:33 PM , Blogger bev said...

so far i've been lucky enough to only get called to jury duty once (knock on wood), and it turns out i didn't have to show up...i know i would fall asleep too cuz i can't even stay awake for meetings that last more than an hour.

maybe you have to sound really prejudiced or something.

 
At 12:49 PM , Blogger Mur said...

looks like I missed everyone after we left. glad I finally got to see the house. sorry for the procrastination but it was worth the wait :)

 
At 2:05 PM , Blogger Bryan said...

thanks, john for your warm hospitality. i had a blast! and damn that bbq was GOOD! good food and good company -- can't beat that. plus, manok and i helped to save the lost dog!

 
At 3:08 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

sorry we missed it! i'll 'splain in my blog why...

 
At 10:20 PM , Blogger Mur said...

The Lost Dog? Please 'splain.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home