Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Rough couple of days

The family is sick. I haven't gone back to work since last friday and now the wife's been out too. I think it may continue for a couple of more days also. It all started when Andres got sick on saturday. Laurie took the boys to a party and by the time they got home Andres was burning up with a fever. I was at the gig so I didn't see them till I got home but I felt so bad for my son. So as saturday nite came, we could tell the Andres' fever was getting worse but when he woke up the next morning he was still hotter than ever. We decided to go to Kaiser and get him checked out. It was weird because when they check his temperature it said 98.1, not sure where that came from because he sure felt hotter than that. He won't take medicine, so we have to invent ways for him to take it. Finally, Laurie just put it in an otter pop and he ate it like it was nothing, nice job wife. Come sunday I could tell I was starting to get affected by it also. And when I woke up on monday to go to work, there was just no way. Laurie did end up going to work but she did feel worse as well. One other thing, Andres had muta in his eyes, a lot, which is a big sign for pink eye. Luckily we have drops for that. I ended up calling in sick. Laurie ended up coming home early so now we've been home that past few days. It's hot out here as well but it's not that bad. Add to the family woes, Mio was playing on one of the stools, climbing it from behind. It ended falling on him and hitting him in the mouth and he now has a small gash on his upper gums. We took him to the hospital too but the doc said the mouth actually heals very well. He's still up and running around and laughing although he's having a hard time eating. I'm still debating on whether I need to go into work tomorrow. I doubt if I will.
Oh, as far as the gig I did on saturday, it was cool. The reception was at the Ritz Carlton in SF by Chinatown. It was a small but well dressed crowd. Majority was Pilipino of course which makes it kinda easy. Apparently the bride was a model back in PI, Carole Cuasay (ring any bells?). Her mom is married to Judge Ron Quidachay, who is one of my role models in the Pilipino community. I didn't get to conversate with him. I would've asked him about the upcoming supreme court nomination. The reception dragged (not our fault). There was a slide show which had about everyone in the PI in it, congratulating Carole. Apparently the 2 met just 18 months ago and no one really got to meet each other outside of the families, interesting. Ryan happened to go to my old high school, St. Pat's in the V. One of his buddies is my old friends younger brother who was able to get me some phone numbers. Since the reception stuff took awhile we ended up with just under an hour of dancing which was fine with me. We played mostly old disco, some cha cha, not a lot of ballroom. I did bust out with the VST which kept them dancing for awhile. Other than that it was pretty boring. Oh well.
Just a thought, what do you all think of a send off bbq for the Likha heads or a welcome back bbq? We'll offer our place or somewhere else. I think from experience that a relaxing evening with Likha heads, doing everything but practicing, could help out. Let me know what ya'll think.

9 Comments:

At 8:26 PM , Blogger Mur said...

BBQ sounds good. I haven't had a party in a while. We could do it here since it's a little closer for everyone. But you can do the planning, yada yada.

Sorry to hear about the pamilia. I was out on Friday and Monday too with stomach issues!

BTW, what's VST?

 
At 9:53 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

You know I'm down for any good boogie down!

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

You know I'm down for any good boogie down!

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

oops sorry, this new network of ours is being quirky

 
At 10:46 PM , Blogger bev said...

aww, a BBQ sounds great! i know the next two weekends are gonna be busy for us (don't know about anyone else) and then it's already off to brazil! but just let us know...

btw were you the one who posted about the bangs just being funny or was it laurie and she just didn't change the name?

 
At 6:27 AM , Blogger triple5funk said...

sorry to hear about everybody being sick i hope that you, laurie and the boys get better soon. being sick in this heat sucks!

 
At 10:49 AM , Blogger mrs cruz said...

Hope you guys get better soon!

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

oh i know all about sharing the bugs. it's a pain the ass duck duck goose game. i especially like it when they get sick twice from the same thing. good luck to y'all! i hope the kiddies feel better.

i'm down for a despedida or welcome bbq for the heads. sounds like fun. always nice to see the folks.

LG

 
At 5:10 PM , Blogger Bryan said...

hope you all get better soon...and yes, i know i'm down for some good ol bbq!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home