Friday, July 15, 2005

Another gig this weekend

Moe and I have a gig in SF this weekend. A couple is getting married and the reception is at the Ritz Carlton at lunchtime. We gotta be there at 10:30am (woohoo!) which means I have to leave the double V at 9:00am, which means I gotta wake up around 7:30am. On a saturday? That's just wrong. Anyways, they are a young couple and the groom actually went to my high school. Small world, even smaller is that one of the primary sponsors is the Honorable Judge Ron Quidachay. He actually spoke at my Fil-Grad from SF State (the wife reminded me of that). I actually think there will be some important people there because apparently Nora Aunor's immigration lawyer, Lourdes Tancinco, is also a sponsor as well as Senator Tito Soto of the PI. Anyone know those names? The bride is from PI also, and they wanted to hear a lot of standards and jazz, more mellow music. We'll play some 70s R&B as well as some 80s New Wave but no hip hop. Should be interesting. As long as the groom doesn't get all piss-drunk this time it should be all good. We shall see.

3 Comments:

At 9:50 AM , Blogger triple5funk said...

these people got money..senator tito soto...the actor of tito, vic and joey fame hehe.

 
At 2:37 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

"ooohhohhhohh...aaaahhaahaa
awitin' mo at isasayaw ko...."

nope never heard of the Soto's. not Tito, Vic or Joey. er, can you get me an autograph?

LG

 
At 8:23 PM , Blogger Gary said...

I remember Tito Vic and Joey! Wow, my parents used to listen to them all the time. Pretty funny!

I got up that early for my gig on Saturday, and the client failed to tell me it started at 2pm instead.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home