Friday, August 05, 2005

My stomach is killing me

There are days when I just look in the mirror and say "what the hell have you been doing?" After taking a shower and seeing yourself in full glory you wonder how much extra "you" have you added. My weight is a little down but definitely where I want to be. I wore one of my favorite shirts today, a red t-shirt by Locomotion, with a drawing of a hawaiian babe. And although it's a great looking shirt it's getting a little tighter, to the point where I can't hide the gut without sucking it in a little. It doesn't help that I ate a huge cheesesteak for lunch today and refilled my soda.

The wife is also helping me pull out some grey hairs, although it's generally just one or two, here and there. I could use a haircut also. When my hair grows longer it looks like an afro and it doesn't help that I'm a little dark. I guess what I'm getting at is my age is catching up to me. My b-day is just around the corner and I'm gonna be halfway to 40. I can get away with my age sometimes but not if the body is starting to catch up with me as well. I don't even have the drive that I used to when playing softball. I'm looking forward to a break from the season but I know that there are tournaments coming up as well. It gets hard to chug this belly around for 3 or 4 games in one day and if I don't get back into shape I can actually seriously injure myself.

So as you hear the whinning in my voice (sorry) just keep in mind that I'm going to try to use this post as motivation to get over the hump and get back into shape. I have several targets for motivation (in no particular order): rejoining Likha, feeling stronger, looking better, being healthier for my family, strength for sporting activities.

On another note, it's been great to see that the Likha folks have been able to post, keep it up. I wonder if they are on dial-up or some kind of high speed down there. I read an op-ed in the NY Times that the US is ranked 16th for broadband connectivity. I'm working at the Arena this weekend at the "Scream 4" concert with Bow Wow, Omarion, Marquest Houston & Bobby Valentino. Woo hoo! At least the arena has a wireless network and I can bring my laptop with me to surf or watch dvds. I'll go out there and do my best "You Got Served" imitation, with my big stomach and all...

4 Comments:

At 6:58 PM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

Hey man, ain't age nuttin but a number! I'm right there with ya, gonna bust mah ass into shape too. Glad to hear you want to come back to LIKHA

 
At 8:42 PM , Blogger neekoh said...

read bern's post on the runs we plan to do in the next 4 months. you (all) are welcome to join. the most fun will probably be the Run to the Far Side on the sunday after thanksgiving -- to work off that turkey and stuffing -- and you get a t-shirt with a Gary Larson/Far Side drawing.

 
At 3:10 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

just keep at it damomoo! just keep exercising and eating right. it's not always easy, but you'll thank yourself later. hmmm, dancing again eh? :-)

 
At 4:32 PM , Blogger Mur said...

ohhh....i'm so excited for you guys to come back. the tour was definitely missing you guys

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home