Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Going to the Home Dept

When we first moved in my buddy warned me that I'd be going to Home Depot everyday and he was right. I'm gonna go there after work and walk around like I know what I'm doing. I'm even wearing carpenter jeans right now. I printed out some instructions from a link the neekoh gave me (thanks!) and I'm gonna get to work. Kinda sucks though because it's gonna be around 7 at night by the time I get home.
Here's a network question: At my mom's house I hooked up her DSL modem to a wireless router and it used to work fine. Now, there is no longer an internet connection. The wireless card can recognize the signal, but there is still no internet connection. When that happened, I just connected my laptop directly to the modem, bypassing the router, but still got no internet connection. Sounds like a bad modem to me, am I wrong?

3 Comments:

At 12:03 AM , Blogger Gary said...

unplug the modem for a few seconds and try again.

 
At 11:03 AM , Blogger DJ John said...

I did, no luck...

 
At 11:52 AM , Blogger neekoh said...

you might want to try to reapply your login/pwd to the modem. depending on how old it is, you either received software that you can use to talk to the modem, or you can your browser to connect to the modem. If you can't do even this, then the modem is busted all together and you should just get it replaced.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home