Thursday, July 28, 2005

Short tours are fun too

Just to add to the tours that we've done, I remember going down to L.A one year and performing with another group down south. Their name escapes me but I'm sure someone will remember. We performed at a small church but the only thing that I can truly remember about the gig was how gay one of their dancers was. It wasn't that he was flaming but that he showed no manly moves. Every movement was soft, even the warrior dances. I'm glad to see that our dancers, gay and straight, all know how to get into character. But as some of you know, the real action came when we went to Melrose in downtown L.A. to do some shopping. We had two vans that we parked off of Melrose in a regular neighborhood and all of our stuff was left in the van. It was a really nice day so no jackets were needed. As we shopped around, up and down the street, enjoying all the cool shops, we finally made our way back to the vans an hour later. Someone noticed that the doors looked a little open and sure enough, we were robbed. Some lost more than others. I lost a brand new leather jacket that was all of 2 weeks old. I also lost some new boots that I had just gotten as well. Hey, back in the day as a college student, that's some of the more important things that you own. Others can post what they lost. I know UPSer lost A LOT! We did have a good time, it's just crazy that what happened on Melrose is what sticks in all of our minds, not the performance. I'm not trying to jinx you guys but just be careful with what you bring and where you leave it. We don't need anymore horror stories. I'm knocking on wood and praying for a safe trip for all of you.

4 Comments:

At 8:33 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Well, let me just say that when we got back home from that trip, all I had, walking into my house, were the clothes that I was wearing. (luckily I left my car keys at Damomoo's apartment)

I forgot the name of the group, but it was Greg, Candy and Celia's group.

 
At 9:40 PM , Blogger Mur said...

That was a looooonnngg time ago...even before I joined

 
At 11:00 PM , Blogger bev said...

yikes! guess i shouldn't bring any of my favorite stuff then, huh...

 
At 9:17 AM , Blogger laragitara said...

the gig took place at a church in thousand oaks. the name of the group eludes me as well, but their director was a long time friend of madir from bayanihan days. i remember they had really nice,rich colored gowns for one of their jota's (the long one that's pretty to listen to but boring to watch).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home