Monday, August 01, 2005

Ok, I feel old...

We deejayed a party for Angela's 18th b-day, Tin's cousin, on Saturday. You might remember her when she danced with Likha CoCo back in I think 1999 or 2000. She's graduated from high school and going to Davis next year. I can't believe it's been that long. I remember when she was still doing the dances with the "little kids". Time flies. It was a fun party though which was held in their family's backyard which was huge and beautifully decorated, courtesy of the talented Nepacena family. Unfortunately, I didn't know they were going a little formal so when I showed up in my shorts and button down shirt and everyone else had nice dresses or slacks I wanted to run and hide. Moe showed up like me with shorts and a polo shirt. He wanted to kill me for not telling him to dress up. Oh well, we still had a great time. It was hot anyways and we woulda died having to dress up in that heat, even at night. We got our first chance to spin with our CDJ-800s which was really cool. They really have an awesome turntable feel to it. If I could scratch like I used to be able to I think it would feel about the same. Anyways, it was great to see the Neps their huge family because the younguns know how to party.

We were able to get some cleaning done of our house this weekend as well. I haven't bought a mop for the floors but we don't have a lot of tile around the house so I just got down on my hands and knees like Cinderella and cleaned the floors with an extra large sponge. I think it worked out ok although I did have one lapse of judgement. The bucket I used had water and pinesol. Some of the pinesol suds made it's way down the side of the bucket. I moved the bucket shortly to the carpet when I got to the end of the floor and apparently enough of the pinesol acted like a bleach and put an ugly yellow-green stain on our carpet. It's also in the same area where our tenant broke a bottle of bbq sauce. We're going to eventually change that family room rug to hardwood but in the meantime the stains are there. I don't want to go the old school route and put that plastic rug thing with the spikes on the other side. That would just be too Pilipino so I guess we'll just find a rug that we can lay down in that area.

To my Likha peeps, break a leg. We'll be thinking of you daily, wondering who broke a glass, who went left instead of right, who started early or late, rondalla or the dancers. I have faith that you'll pull through like Likha always does. Yes there will be stories to tell good and bad but I'm confident that you'll be a success. Thank you to all for keeping the group strong through the past couple of years. For the oldies, one of you needs to come of with the "big speech". I expect it to be either the Math Major or the UPSer. I also think it's the Rockstar's time to shine. Let it all out cousin. M, take care of yourself out there, bad leg and all. Tin, keep the ladies in line like you always do. Ate War, do that thing that you do, when you do, what you do on these trips. Congrats to Kuya Rude Boy for another coup that you've pulled off. You really are my Obi-Wan. Gary, if you can, keep the pics coming while you're down there. We know it may not be easy but we'll be waiting for your storytelling with your camera. 2 1/2 weeks is a long time to be gone and we'll miss you all. Be safe out there, watch each other's back, make us proud, do your thing and come back stronger knowing that you shared your talents and our culture with a whole new world. God bless you guys.

8 Comments:

At 11:46 AM , Blogger Gary said...

Ok John, I hope you are taking pictures of your gigs! You know I'm going to need them one of these days.

I'll see if I can find some internet somewhere to post the pics.

 
At 11:55 AM , Blogger Mur said...

AWWW...brought a tear to my eye. I wish you guys were coming!!!! You would have been perfect to do that speech!

 
At 12:18 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

i second that! break a leg everyone!

LG

 
At 1:06 PM , Blogger bev said...

instead of a mop, i use the wet/dry swiffer. it works just as well and you don't need to deal w/a bucket of water or a mop to dry.

thanks for the well wishes!! :)

 
At 1:47 PM , Blogger DJ John said...

I needed to get down and dirty with the floor. After that I did go over it with the wet swiffer to give it that swiffer smell.

 
At 7:00 PM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

The worst part is when you're meet a teenager who was born in the 90's. The 90's!

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger triple5funk said...

awww...angela's graduated wow. glad you had a great time! co-sign on the swiffer wet.

 
At 10:01 AM , Blogger laragitara said...

virtualern is right. the 90's!!! i've got a teenager in the works. how old is that!!!

LG

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home