Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The storm after the calm

We had a great weekend with friends this weekend. On saturday the wife went to a bachelorette party and tested her mettle against raging rapids while I had a gig for my old high school. I actually knew a couple of the attendees at the party which was cool, again, showing how small Vallejo really is. Also, I'm really getting better at spinning with the Denon decks that we have, especially using the effects like the echo and brake modes. Kinda sucks because my CDJs don't have the echo but at least the mixer I picked up has a ton of effects so I'll practice with those.

At the party at the house, there was a lot of great food. We watched videos of different shows including last weeks matinee and gala shows and our show in Amsterdam for the Filipino community while in the Netherlands. We also looked at pictures from the shows and the trip to Europe. Thanks to all of you who came and contributed. It truly is "the more the merrier". Late at night we did some karaoke with the magic mic that Vincent brought. We tried our best to get scores in the 90s but apparently it's just looking for you to yell into the mic and follow along to the coloring of the words. I now sing in the style of Michael McDonald, formerly of the Doobie Brothers and who is having great success singing old Motown songs. That's only going to be when we do Magic Mic because you need to hold notes long enough to hold your score. If I use my regular singing voice I think it's more in the style of Sinatra. Not saying I sound like him but I try to follow his rhythm of singing as well as his diction or accent.

Today my family stayed home since the wife was a little sick, probably from the rafting and Andres started a fever. He was still able to play around but for the most part he just chilled with us watching tv. I met with my next wedding gig for the 16th. Looking real forward to it since I'm going to be able to play some old school hip hop and not worry too much about the Hyphy Movement. Also, they are good friends of ours and I'm excited to see them start the next chapter in their lives. Good luck you two.

1 Comments:

At 9:49 AM , Blogger ojpt said...

thanks for hosting the party. as always, you laxas are the best hosts.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home