Friday, September 01, 2006

Go Niners! and other events...

We're going to the Niner's game tonight, the final pre-season game and although I know the Niners are not that good (understatement), as a fan you gotta believe. And as much as I really enjoy watching sports on a HDTV, going live is the ultimate HD. I haven't gone to a lot of games in the past couple of years, mainly because having a family changes your priorities (gladly). But I enjoy wearing the red and gold and cheering my team on and so does the rest of our family.

Saturday I'm doing a gig for my old high school's Class of 96 reunion. I put together a playlist on iTunes of the top 100 songs. Unfortunately, the top song was Macarena. It's so weird though because for me music is everything and when I saw the list and started listening to some of the songs old memories came back from 10 years ago. Some things I did notice though, house music was big and Alanis Morisette was bigger. I think it was the start of chic rock. Some of the hip hop was ok, Coolio had a couple of hits. Celine Dion also had some big hits . I think around this time I started drifting away from R&B and listening to more alternative. But I remember back then specifically hearing R Kelly's "You Remind Me of Something" (you know, "you remind me of my jeep...") and thinking, "What the hell has happened to R&B? What the hell is this shit?" Also, that was the year that my Honda Civic was all fixed up, when rice rockets were really getting there legs, two 10s in the hatchback, and there I am listening to La Bouche's "Be My Lover" with UPSer rolling through the city. Eventually the car was stolen, several times actually, and broke my heart. Ah, those were the days...

Sunday we're partying in the Double V with Likha and friends. We're just opening the house up to all so that we can take in what we've accomplished this year and even discuss some of visions for the next year. I'm excited to see everyone's pictures from Europe, especially the ones from France. I look forward to vacationing with the wife in that country someday , hopefully soon. With this party, come one, come all, even those not in the troupe. Have a drink with us, have two. Don't drive home drunk though please. Enjoy the three days off...

1 Comments:

At 9:37 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

don't forget Oh La'mour by Erasure. Damn that was gay. ;p

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home