Monday, August 07, 2006

Cars

So if you haven't read or heard, the wife was in an accident last thursday which threw this family for a loop for a couple days. It's a blessing that it was not as bad as it could have been. The after-effects will be felt for awhile. The Matrix looked pretty bad but after sending it to the shop, they feel they can fix it and maybe even make some minor improvements. We're going to look for another car as well since she's too afraid to drive it again. Also, we're probably going to have to wait 3 weeks till we get it back. We have the van to use but it was having an electrical problem. The lights inside and the parking lights were not working so we're in the dark after dusk. The problem stems from our previous radio problem. The boys, specifically Mio, were putting coins, poker chips, and whatever fits in there, inside the CD slot. I sent it to Honda of Vacaville and they fixed the problem. I just got my front brake pads changed as well but by someone else. I hate car issues. It's sad because it can really bring you down to your knees with the amount of money you may end up spending. Luckily, the Matrix is covered by insurance but the van's warranty is up. I'll be in the market for a new radio for the van. I'm thinking of getting some kind of dvd player for the van but only if I get a deal of a lifetime.

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

Holy cow...is Laurie OK? Hopefully they'll total out the Matrix for you guys -- having a fixed wreck is usually worse than having the cash to pick up a different car.

If you're looking for a cheap stereo for the van, I think I have 1 (or 2) DIN-sized that I can give you.

 
At 12:52 PM , Blogger Mel said...

just read what happened...hopefully, Laurie's resting and starting to feel better. Give your boys a big hug and kiss for us!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home