Friday, July 28, 2006

Wedding gig on a friday

I'll be in Pleasanton today for a wedding that's going to take place in a couple's backyard. We visited them on sunday and spoke with the bride while also checking out the site. I think it's actually going to turn out nicely. Although I'm used to the big banquet halls and hotels that we usually go to, this will be a nice change of pace. Also, apparently the bride knows some celebrities so it'll be interesting to see who shows up. I hope there's not going to be a lot of dancing but more of some chillin'. I'm bringing a ton of music on two separate hard drives as well as my cd collection. I'm also going to bring out the serato but not with the turntables, just so I can use the laptop.

We were supposed to dj a cotillion tomorrow but apparently they found another dj last minute. Even after the mom kept saying "please save the date, my daughter really wants you guys...", she didn't call me to tell me, I had to call her. I'm a little upset about it but I can really use a saturday with my family. We've got things that we can do together.

3 Comments:

At 3:03 PM , Blogger triple5funk said...

I wonder if you and Moe should start setting up contracts and deposits with people just to prevent situations like this from happening.

 
At 3:24 PM , Blogger neekoh said...

your serato would be awesome if you paired it with a subscription service like Yahoo Music Unlimited. For $4.99/month, you can access 1 million MP3s from your computer. Since you won't need to burn CDs, you won't need to buy each one. But you will be able to DL it to your laptop and play it w/o an internet connection.

 
At 9:35 AM , Blogger triple5funk said...

OR if you have a mac you can use acquisition or solarseek to get music for free! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home