Thursday, July 20, 2006

Hot like fire

So Vacaville is not the coolest place on earth. In fact it gets very hot out here. Our upstairs stays hot in the day and night. Although we do have air con up and downstairs (dual climate, I might add), I'm just too scared to turn it out fearing what kind of havoc the bill will bring. I have a lot of little projects that I am trying to get completed:

To take advantage of the heat I'd like to setup a clothesline in the backyard to dry clothes. It'll save money and I can actually do laundry in the daytime instead of wait till 7pm like PG&E tries to have you do. The dryer takes up more energy, right? With the clothesline though, I don't know if the HOA allows it outside (gotta check the contract), and with all the clothes we have I'm not sure I'll be able to do a lot of clothes all in one day.

In our family room we have an area in the wall that allows us to put a tv in it. We didn't use it so we just have this big hole. I bought shelves to fill it with but the shelves have just been chillin' on the fireplace, even before we left for the Netherlands! It can turn out really nice too if/when I get it done.

My mom made the boys a curtain to cover a window in their bedroom. It's a "Cars" print with Lightning McQueen (Ka-Chow!). All I need to do is put up the bar across the window and it's ready. Again, this was given to me BEFORE we left for the Netherlands. The boys room is going to be a "Cars" room now. The good thing is the walls and ceiling paint match it. The bed frame and slide is red so that matches as well. Their room is coming along nicely. Slowly, but nicely.

The wife wants me to paint the dining room which has temporarily become my dj room. The turntables, mixer and laptop are all set on the dining table. Maybe I should paint it like a club, dark purple or something like that. Give it a lounge feel to it. The buffet table is already in here with all of the alcohol I've "received" from all over. Maybe I can remover the dining room light above the ceiling and install running lights in different corners of this room. Hmmm.... gotta watch some "Trading Spaces" and get some ideas.

At least our backyard is coming along after my parents helped revive it while we were gone. The grass is turning green again. The roses are continually turning and blooming. And the weeds are becoming more sparse. Only problem again is that it's too hot to work back there.

1 Comments:

At 4:24 PM , Blogger bev said...

funny how no one in netherlands or france seems to have a clothes dryer. maybe they're on to something there...it does seem to save a lot of energy.

we have a clothesline in our backyard from the previous owner even though the HOA forbids it too. i don't use it though since it's rarely hot enough here to dry clothes.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home