Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Smells like Christmas spirit

So as I post less and less due to minimum internet time, I'd like to give thanks to several things this time of year:

-Thanks to a beautiful wife who supports me in all I do. Even if it means time away from the family at the arena or at a wedding spinning for the party, she shows such great understanding. It's that which made me fall for her over and over again.

-Thanks to my two guapos who do everything in their power to make me laugh, cry, strain my back, sleep late, vaccum and clean. They bring everything into focus and continue to educate me as a father as well.

-Thanks to my parents who continue to support our family with their unconditional love. It amazes me how far my mother has come from a diagnosis of a fatal illness nine years ago yet fights with valor, to fend off problem after problem. She still finds the strength to take care of her two grandsons.

-Thanks to all of our friends who gave us the courage and the means to finally purchase a home. It feels great to be able to struggle month to month to make sure our roof remains over our head. No matter how hard, it is worth every drop of blood, sweat and tears, to open the door of your own home.

-Thank you to Likha for keeping the ensemble strong after all these years. It really brings out a passion when you see everyone working towards a goal. I look forward to what this new year brings but I also look back and admire your accomplishments of the past year. Amazing as it was, we can do so much more.

If this was an awards show, you would hear the music in the background rushing me to wrap it up but my main thought is that I've needed all the support I've been given. I'm not to proud to say that we couldn't have done it without you all. I, too, will continue to show and give my support to all of you as well. Congratulations to family and friends who are celebrating a year full of accomplishments themselves and we plan on celebrating with you also. Whether it's a nuptial, birth, new relationship, lost relationship, we plan on making ourselves available to you. God bless all of you and yours...

12 Comments:

At 9:41 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

(tears running down the side of my face)

 
At 11:59 PM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

Happy Holidays John! Best of wishes to you and your family.

Don't forget to bust out Christmas In Hollis! :)

 
At 2:14 AM , Blogger ojpt said...

yer the best dood! i gotta second the kudos to the two guapos -- those guys are some of my best pals in the whole world.

 
At 12:53 PM , Blogger bev said...

great post. thanks for putting it all in perspective :)

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger double R said...

what a lovely post. merry christmas to you and your family...miss you all

 
At 3:29 PM , Blogger Mur said...

Awww...that was so great! Merry Christmas!

 
At 11:51 PM , Blogger triple5funk said...

Awww...how sweet...

 
At 7:50 AM , Blogger Mel said...

what up john...i think i saw you on t.v. were you working the warriors game on boxing day when they were playing the nuggets? i saw you're big smile at half time.

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

John, just in case you didn't know, boxing day is the day after x-mas

 
At 7:43 AM , Blogger Mel said...

oops sorry my bad, you guys don't have boxing day, eh?

 
At 6:12 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

slacker!!!!!

 
At 8:28 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Smells like christmas slackin' if you ask me.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home