Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Harder and harder to blog

I've been backposting most of the time due to my internet access being limited to home and sometimes at work. Sometimes I see things or things happen that make me want to post so I'm gonna do that right now.

I don't have a radio in the Celica that I got from UPSer. It's my commuter car. It can be a long drive when there's just silence and the sound of an engine running. I am learning how to drift in that car though, it likes to slide out of turns.

The wife and I watched "Jarhead" on saturday night. Not a bad movie. Kinda like Full Metal Jacket but without all of the battle scenes. The Gulf War was not much of a war for foot soldiers but the waiting time was murder alone.

We bought a new vacuum, a Dyson, on saturday. I spent the day cleaning the house while the wife was out of the house. It claims to not lose suction, ever. It's pretty nice and really user-friendly. I was even able to use my steam cleaner for the rug. I got that from BofA.

I'm enjoying my return to Likha, even though I'm badly out of shape. I'm looking to workout more often since my building at work has a fitness center that I can use during lunch or after hours.

The Arena has been pretty busy with all of the different events. I've worked almost all of them since basketball has started and the hits just keep on coming. Next month comes Gwen Steffani. I heard Metallica is coming on Dec. 31st. Don't know if I'll work that one though. And Coldplay is coming in February.

We picked up a DVR from Comcast. I haven't gotten to use it too much but at least I know that we'll get a lot of usage out of it. The box also allowed me to use an HDMI cable for the first time. It's supposed to be really good for HDTV.

I enjoyed watching the EP III dvd. The last fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan was awesome but I still can't believe how easy it was for him to turn to the darkside.

Picked up a couple of X-mas gigs as well. I'm looking forward to them so I can watch all of the people get drunk in front of their co-workers. I'm gonna make them do the Safety Dance.

3 Comments:

At 3:54 PM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

You know what you need to keep you company for those long commutes? The whoosh of a T28 ball bearing turbo spinning out exhaust gases through a 3 inch mandrel bent exhaust. :)

Those Dyson units look really cool, I want one. But they're freakin' expensive!!

 
At 2:34 PM , Blogger CLS said...

DVRs save marriages. Ask Mango. ;-)

 
At 11:22 AM , Blogger bev said...

gary had wanted a dyson but we got a bagless Hoover from Costco instead (it had good ratings in Consumer Reports :) ) Works pretty well too!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home