Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Big Loser even when the Niners win

On sunday, I went to SF to play softball at 9:00am. I had to leave like at 7:30 from Vacaville and stop in Vallejo to get the tix to the Niners football game where me and 2 buddies would be watching. I couldn't get into the house, pops was jogging, my mom was in Vacaville after spending the night, and my garage door opener key was with the wife. I planned on coming back to pickup the tix after my softball game. Since we were going to a baptism/reception after softball and I knew that my other buddy would be going out there I asked him to get the tix for me while he was still in Vallejo... SCORE!!! That would have sucked to have to go back to Vallejo after all of that. We met up in Belmont where the reception was and since it was running late we let them know that we were going to the game. I put the tix in my checkbook, then in my back pocket. I then had to write a check for the gift and put it in the card. As we then drove off for the Stick, excited to go, we called Darby Dan's deli and ordered some sandwiches, dee-lish! Half way from Belmont to Darby Dan's I reached into my back pocket and found only one ticket and the parking pass. As I fuddled around my seat and my other pockets I knew something was wrong. They were nowhere to be found. I must have dropped the other two when I wen to write the check. Good one. Here I was with my softball buds, excited to finally go to a game, getting some great sandwiches, and we couldn't even go to the game. Loser. We got the sandwiches, watched the 1st half at the deli, went to one of the guy's houses, watched the rest of the game, and they won, in exciting fashion I might add. At least I got to chill with some good friends but you just feel like crap after pulling something like that.

2 Comments:

At 8:19 PM , Blogger Mur said...

oh no...that sucks. that sounds like something that would happen to me.

btw, your niners kicked me out of my survivor pool!

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

nice one dood. chalk one up for the damomoo

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home