Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Rockin' the pink

On my first two days I wore collared shirts, one button down and the other a polo style. Apparently I was not in the required dress code. My manager told me that I had to wear a shirt and tie but it was no big deal since I didn't go to orientation and no one told me the first day I was there. Basically, since the president of the bank has an office in my building the rule is that men must wear a shirt and tie. My first instinct is to bust out with the Mormon look, white, short sleeve shirt with the black tie, just to mock the dress code. I have a little more respect for myself and the position so I'm gonna play the part and pull a VirtualErn. I went out and bought about 5 different ties, and four different shirts. And with the advice of Ask Randy, I went out and bought a pink shirt and a pink tie to match. We'll see how it goes because since I didn't ask the Queer Eye's to take a gander at me as I kinda did it on instinct. I think I did ok, but the metrosexual in me is still not as satisfied. I also got some nice green combinations but I'd like to get a pair of some light grey front-flat slacks to go with some of the lighter color shirts. I really like the ties I got though. (No, you have not been linked to a Ms. Luzon blog.) I just need to pickup some sweater vests to complete the outfits since I'm not wearing a sport coat. Ok UPSer, go ahead and add your smart comments, I deserve them.

9 Comments:

At 8:22 AM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

Flat front grey pants? Now you're talkin'! The trippy thing is when you get a shirt at Banana, they got metal inserts for the button down collared shirts. I couldn't get over that one.

 
At 8:55 AM , Blogger laragitara said...

oh my god. that's so funny how you wrote that whole thing with a straight face! (and i just cracked up when i read the Ms. Luzon reference!)

but ya know, i understand respect for yourself and for the position. man, we are growing up aren't we?

congratulations!

 
At 12:15 PM , Blogger bev said...

haha..throw in some purse references and then you've got it :)

 
At 9:54 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

not gonna say a word (just gonna sit here and shake my head like I always do)

 
At 10:02 PM , Blogger Bryan said...

well, it's about TIME! hehe...and, yes, John i still wanna see the outfits...

 
At 9:06 AM , Blogger mrs cruz said...

I think you've just got to get your own "man's bag" to complete the look. =)

 
At 10:37 AM , Blogger double R said...

that's hot....flat front grey...now you're talking.

i'm also feeling a tweedy tanish pant...that also works. but i know you live in the bahamas (i.e. it's hot over there).

as for man bags, or as i call them, european carryalls, take a look at www.jackspade.com -- he has fabulous stuff.

 
At 12:30 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Let me guess, you got a pink pocket square too so you can complete your outfit huh

 
At 3:57 PM , Blogger bernadette said...

i feel like shopping now. ;P

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home