Saturday, October 15, 2005

Another gig tonite

Moe and I had a gig in SF at the Argent Hotel on 3rd. It was a beautiful reception in the Metropolitan ballroom. The couple was around our age so we were able to play the old school stuff that we like. The bride hired a wedding coordinator who was pretty much on top of things but the more we do weddings the more I see that we could be great reception coordinators as well. Not like I would wear a dress and walk around and give orders but since we're the "go to" guys when it comes to different events during the reception it just makes sense. Plus with two of us we've got it all covered. Anyways, I played my "Celebration" mix with that and YMCA. When it gets to the end of the mix I get a little worried because I threw in "Hoochie Mama". It's not the edited version either. Everyone kept dancing. I didn't get funny looks, in fact, people seemed to get pumped up when it came on. Do you think I should add "Me So Horny" to it as well? That song has a bad-ass beat, but it sure does have some bad-ass lyrics. I also put together a little New Wave cd, courtesy of Mr. Cruz's music that he put on my 250gig ext drive. I've been aching to play some ABC's "Poison Arrow" but I don't think I had the right crowd so I didn't do it. We did bust out with the Cure's "Just Like Heaven" and General Public's "Tenderness". We also used "Tenderness" for when the bride and groom did their main entrance. I thought that went over well. Good move, Moe. With this gig money, we're gonna try to trade in our CDJ 800s for the CDJ 1000s so wish us luck. Thanks to Da Factor for the advice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home