Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Tuesdays can lag

I'm chillin at work today, not much on my calendar to do, but I'm nodding off here at my desk. I've only got 7 full business days left here but I'm trying to not look like I've got my other foot out the door. In the past 2 days I've been late to work, yesterday 15 min, today 1 hr and a half. If you heard, this morning there was a bad accident on 80, near the wife's work, so we stayed in bed until we heard the traffic was going to get cleared up. Since I just had her drop me off here in Concord I don't have a car to go to lunch off campus. I could walk but I'm just not in that kind of mood. I did get some Krispy Kreme before I got into work so maybe that's just what's slowing me down.

On a funny note, last nite we went to Kohl's to find Andres a belt for his pants. The wife and I went shopping for awhile without the boys while my mom watched them both. I found some dress pants that I'd like to wear to my new job and at 27.99 a pair I said why not. I brought 3 pants to the counter, some boardshorts that I'll wear for softball and the 2 for 1 belts we got for Andres. There was hardly anyone in the store so when the girl took our stuff to ring up she started putting them together. The belt didn't have the price on it so that stalled the purchase while someone went up to find out how much they were. She rang everything else up and I saw 72 bucks as the total. You can do the math and see that something was not right. While she waited for the price on the belt I told her to go ahead and close up this sale and I'll just pay the belt separately, which she did. I went to the car and put the clothes away and went back in where I had the wife pay for it. Afterwards we walked out and I let he know that I think she didn't ring up one of the pants. After looking at the receipt it seems as though the one of the pants rang up as 5 bucks. Not bad, eh? We need those little victories once in awhile. I hope karma doesn't strike back and I'm knocking on wood. My co-worker said Kohl's did the same thing to her, ringing up a 45 dollar tab for 200 dollars worth of clothes. That would be pretty sweet.

1 Comments:

At 12:25 PM , Blogger bev said...

that 'not ringing things up correctly' has happened to me twice already, just recently. The first time, I got something completely free. The second time...well, let's just say my massage was waaay cheaper than it should have been.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home