Monday, September 19, 2005

Busy bee on a saturday


I still try to act like I'm 25 so on friday nite, I drove up to Sunnuyvale and stayed at my cousins house. We had a softball tourney at Twin Creeks which is right down the road from their place. Unfortunately, on saturday he had an engagement party for he and his fiancee and since I had a gig I couldn't go. I also packed the van with my gig gear and took that to Sunnyvale also since the gig was in SF. I stayed up till 2:30, copying cds for Moe. Thanks to Gary for the hard drive load up. It really helped and it will continually help. 232gigs of music, gigs! Chew on that for awhile.

Anyways, we had to be at the field at 7:45am for a game at 8:30. The tournament was strictly Asian, Pilipino, Pacific Islanders. There were hapa guys there but the majority were full APPI. We lost our first game to some team that was older than us and that's saying something because most of our guys are pretty old. We played our second game at 10:00 and lost to a samoan team. We got spanked 20 something to 1. Yikes. We got lunch at 11:30 at a cheesesteak place just around the corner, dee-lish! We then had our third game at 1:00 and though it was tied 3-3 in the last inning, the other team scored 10 runs and that was the ballgame. That sucked, 0-3 for the tourney. It was just a seeding round so the guys had to play again at 5:30, whereas I had to go to my gig. I got cleaned up at my cousins and made my way out to the city.

Going down 101 I knew that I was going to head to the golden gate bridge so I went to 280 to go through the backside. For all my years living in the city I guess I didn't learn much because I thought I could go straight down 19th Ave. Bad move. I knew I should have went to brotherhood way and cut through the sunset. It took 15 minutes just to get past stonestown! Anyways, I made it to the Golden Gate Yacht Club a little after 4:00 and met Moe there. The wedding was upstairs and the place had no elevator. We had to carry everything up the stairs. Furthermore, Moe was leaving me to do another gig in downtown so I had to bring it all downstairs by myself, oy vey! They gave me the smallest place to set up due to the room being a little small, all good though, I managed, and used minimal equipment.

The wedding was at the end of a pier, long walk for everyone, but really pretty. The reception was in a small restaurant but for the amount of people there it worked out well. Looked like it was pretty full, with about 160 people. The view was fabulous with the Golden Gate bridge and Marin across the way. The sun was shining and the weather was beautiful.

As music goes, I played a lot of country, especially during dinner. She gave me a list of what country songs she was looking for as well a mp3 cd with songs for all night. Some of the songs I was finally able to throw in that I've been aching to play at a wedding: Lynard Skynard's "Sweet Home Alabama", Rolling Stones "Miss You", Def Leppard "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and Guns N Roses "Paradise City".

I left the city at 12:00am and went to Pleasant Hill where the family was and had to get up at 7:00am to go back to Sunnyvale and play softball at 8:30am. We lost, but it was closer this time. We should have won. I met up back with the family and we all went to the SF Zoo. That was fun.

I'm not a young stallion anymore. I need more weekends than weekdays I'm finding out.

6 Comments:

At 5:36 PM , Blogger Mur said...

Hey, if you ever need help DJ'ing, give Rich a call. He was a DJ from back in the day and wants to get into it again

 
At 5:36 PM , Blogger Mur said...

BTW, did you say "dee-lish?" ;)

 
At 7:11 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Yeha Mur he did...I think he's turning gay, not that it's a bad thing or is it?

 
At 9:50 PM , Blogger ojpt said...

damn, you get more done in a weekend than any 25-year-old I know!

 
At 12:36 AM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

Kick ass...you got to play Sweet Home Alabama at a wedding. Nice. Did you do some crabbin' on the track? How' bout beat jugglin'? That would've been too cool. "Play some Skynyrd!"

 
At 10:36 AM , Blogger laragitara said...

i hear that! need more weekend than weekdays... or maybe longer days...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home