Friday, September 09, 2005

Are you ready for some football?

The NFL season is kicking off. It's kicked off for others just last night. I'm excited because we get to watch the games on HD and after seeing it on HD there's nothing like it. My dad, being the loyal fan that he is, still bought season tickets to the Niners for this year. It's been tough to be a Niner fan the past couple of years but I'm still driving the bandwagon, looking for riders. I've been a lucky fan because my family got season tickets back in 1979 and have had them since. So I saw a 2-14 season back then and now another 2-14 season just last year. Inbetween those years though, there is little to complain about. We've had 5 Superbowls, double-digit years in playoff appearances, the honor of seeing greats such as Montana, Lott, Rice, Young and the like. We've even some bums like Laurence Phillips. I can brag that I was at "The Catch", Superbowl XIX at Stanford, all NFC Championship games they've played at home. I've even made friends with Goldrush cheerleaders, though not in that way. (Damn!) So as the season approaches, I hold some optimism that things will get better this year. It's hard to get any worse but you never know. We're actually supposed to go to a wedding this Sunday so I won't be able to watch this weekends opener but I'll have my cellphone with the updates in scores available. I actually have 3 tickets and a parking pass since my parents are also unable to go this weekend so if anyone wants to buy them let me know. It's really fun to be there live, especially on opening day. Go Niners!

6 Comments:

At 2:49 PM , Blogger triple5funk said...

At least you're still in an area where their games are televised. You can't even find a bar here that has the game on. Things do look a lot brighter this year - it appears that Nolan is doing a good job of running the ship. And basketball season starts soon too, the Warriors just may make that 8th slot in the playoffs.

 
At 12:10 AM , Blogger Mur said...

I'm in a survivor pool and I don't even watch. But at least I made it through the first round yesterday. Rich wasn't too happy that I was rooting for the Patriots

 
At 12:12 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

The warriors are actually picked to finish sixth in the whole western conference.

 
At 10:06 PM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

Oh cool! Didn't know you were there for the glory years and witness Dwight Clark's leap into history.

Go Chargers! :)

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Yeah Ern, Go Chargers.....straight down south..HAH ;p

 
At 1:14 PM , Blogger triple5funk said...

'gelo - 6th!? even better. i'll def. try and catch a game when they play the knicks or the nets out here.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home