Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Thank you Destiny's Child


The Destiny's Child concert was pretty good. They have so many songs, both together and as solo artists. Yes they are all beautiful and talented but for me there's still something missing. They went through all their hits, but I think their solo stuff made the show stand out. We all know Beyonce can do her thing, and Kelly is great as well but Michelle, who knew. She has 2 solo gospel albums and me being the gospel afficianado that I am... Anyways, she was bad-ass. The girl can sing. She was very powerful and had a commanding stage presence. I think everyone was just taking in her singing as she belted her tunes. No sexy outfit, no exotic dance moves, just singing. I miss that in today's artists. The one who sticks out that I can appreciate these days for pure talent is Alicia Keyes. (I hate hearing her talk with that thick New Yorker accent though, just me.) DC is cool party music though, good jams and beats to keep a party "jumpin, jumpin". I'm sure the ladies can relate to their lyrics better than I can. What woman artist today do you really admire?

4 Comments:

At 12:26 PM , Blogger Mel said...

I alwayd wondered how Michelle would do solo...I'll have to check out her albums!

 
At 6:18 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Shakira, especially her new single "No"

 
At 9:20 PM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

Dido. She's hot. :)

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger neekoh said...

ok, not quite a woman yet, but Joss Stone is awesome. That voice. Damn.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home