Thursday, September 15, 2005

My First Parent Teacher conference

Wow, I really am getting older. I went to Andres' school for a parent/teacher conference. I still remember my parents going to my old grammar school for theirs. It actually wasn't covering what each specific child was doing, rather, it gave parents an understanding of their method of teaching. It is a Montessori program which allows the student (child) to cultivate whatever interests they are showing. I'm really encouraged because I think Andres is pretty smart. He picks thing up so quickly. It'll really develop his artistic side as well. I watched him during their outdoor time and he was playing in the sand, filling a bucket and building a castle. A little girl kept putting her broom stick in his bucket while he was pouring the sand in and he would get mad, but he never touched her. He just looked at her crazy and told her to stop. Maybe he shoulda smacked her one time and settled it... =)

6 Comments:

At 9:01 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

And he should've said..." do you smell what the ROCK is cooking"

 
At 8:43 AM , Blogger Gary said...

He should have taken the broom stick and broke it. That would have freaked her out ;-)

I only pushed a girl once when I was 12. It was because she made my sister cry. I was so mad because she was bigger than my sister, and I wanted to show her that picking on people smaller than you is not cool.

Other than than, I never laid a hand on a girl if they made me mad.

 
At 9:59 AM , Blogger Mur said...

Now now John...hitting a girl is not a good thing...even if she is annoying the hell out of you

 
At 1:04 PM , Blogger bev said...

laurie needs to hit you just for saying that.

:)

 
At 7:55 PM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

That's a pretty cool school, not locking kids into a strict program. Glad to hear that not all is lost in our state's school system.

 
At 10:40 AM , Blogger laragitara said...

i remember my first parent-teacher conference... i felt like i was in trouble, like being in the principal's office. eek!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home