Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Thanks to UPSer

Now the the wife is working in CCC and we're both riding in together I have to give a shout out to UPSer for allowing us to use his truck for commuting purposes. Our mornings are simpler now that we can go to Pinole, pick up the truck, go our separate ways, meet back in Pinole and drop off the truck, cross the bridge with 3 people (no toll!) and get home by 6:00pm. I don't have to take the van out and waste gas getting 20 mpgs. I last filled the tank for 50 bucks! Damn. Thanks though bud, you're really taking care of this whole family and I appreciate that.

Anyways, now that I have the truck I get to boom his system since I lost mine when the accord got stolen. Although he doesn't have many cds left in the truck he did have one favorite, Duran Duran's greatest hits. Actually, I think it's just a cd he ripped with some of their songs, not all of them. I popped it in and out came "Hungry Like the Wolf" and there I am singing at the top of my lungs, "In touch with the ground, I'm on the hunt, I'm after you...". Then there's one of my sleeper favorites "Union of the Snake". When that song first came out I didn't care too much for it, but you can appreciate the whole song when you understand music and musicians. Back then in the 80s, I just wanted to be able to do my "white people dance" to songs like the Reflex, Rio and others. I just can't believe how well I still remember the lyrics. I guess you'd have to call me a Durany.

PS. Does this mean they're going to send me an invitation to subscribe to Playgirl now?

4 Comments:

At 10:46 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

I figured you'd like that CD. I too remember the lyrics to their song. I guess I'm a "Durany". hah :)

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

Their bass player kicks ass. And that CD is such an amazingly well engineered recording. I wish I had a system to bring it all out in its full glory. One day, one day...

 
At 10:03 AM , Blogger CLS said...

i'd be screaming like a girl if i had a duran duran cd. wait, i am a girl. okay scratch that.

 
At 10:15 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Dude, you ALREADY are subscribed to playgirl. Don't deny it, I saw the copy in your bathroom. hahaha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home