Thursday, October 13, 2005

Hotel California

On Tuesday nite, I worked at the arena. I forgot about the event and was reminded of it when I spoke with my buddy who also works there with me. The event was the Eagles concert. I was pretty excited knowing that I'd hear a lot of songs that I liked as well as seeing a crazy crowd. When they came on stage and started the show the crowd was into it from the get-go. Hardly anyone left their seat, there was little foot traffic around the arena but you did see people with tons of drinks in their hands. There were no bad drunks but people really wanted to get their drink on. I saw a couple sneak off into one of our hallway closets. The guy was as big as any bodybuilder I've seen and his woman had some serious you-know-whats. I wanted to interrupt them but I really didn't care. The tunes kept coming, Tequilla Sunrise, Lying Eyes, Life in the Fast Lane, etc. It really reminded me of those days when my dad would pick me up from grammar school and have KFRC on the radio with Dr. Don Rose. That's where I got my classic rock schooling. If you're old school Bay Area you know what I'm talking about.

4 Comments:

At 3:55 PM , Blogger bev said...

my coworker happened to win tickets to that concert from a raffle here at work. She got luxury box seats and I told her to look for you.

 
At 4:26 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

oh eagles!!! dude!!!
awesome! when will it be.... journey?!?

 
At 3:00 PM , Blogger DJ John said...

Bev, if she was in the Providian suite I would have seen her, it's right by my podium. You guys shoulda went, I coulda got you in there.

 
At 1:10 PM , Blogger Mur said...

I love the Eagles!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home