Friday, October 07, 2005

Dancing is still fun

On friday night I met up with the wife and we went out to Concord to work with Likha CoCo. I taught, or tried to teach, Tinikling. I am so out of shape. I mean, I was able to do the dance but I could feel the burn from the movements. The kids did great and they started to pick it up. The music didn't quite match our choreography but we worked with it. I'll need Likha Rondeezy's music for that. I still remember my fingering for that song on the octavina, but knowing and doing are definitely 2 different things. I've always loved dancing tiniks. I remember the first time Rudi had us dance it in Vallejo at the Solano County Fair. Pehnee and I were partners and I guess Rudi didn't trust us so the music was sloooowwww...... We got through the dance and eventually when we got better we flew right through it. Can you believe that I was one of the bonsu boys? With my fat ass? It was before I started taking all my steroids so I guess so. J/K! Anyways, I look forward to the day that Likha CoCo is running through that dance with the greatest of ease and I see that I had a hand it that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home