Sunday, October 23, 2005

Amazing B-day, especially for a seven year old...

I was in South City for a gig of an old friend. It was for her daughter's 7th b-day which is supposed to be a good luck b-day. Basically, it was like a debut but without the dancing court. The restaurant was huge with two levels. The 2nd level overlooks the 1st but we were on the 1st level. A nice thing was that the manager let me patch into their system. They had a pair of JBL Eon 2s. I wanted to steal em! They're bad-ass. I just had to bring down my rack to play music and it was all good. I saw a lot of old friends, the Albano-Galicha clan, Cha, Bev and Gary, as well as some friends from my SF State days. Barangay performed and I saw Eric who remembered me from Likha. I took care of their music for them as well. They dance really well, considering there were only 4 total performers. As the dinner went on, and on, and on, we stuffed our pie-holes: stuffed crab shells, honey walnut prawns, lobster, honey baked sea bass, etc... It just kept coming, amazing. And of course the rice was last. That was a little tough, being pinoy I eat rice with all the dishes. When the dancing began the b-day girl asked for Gwen Stefani, Holla Back Girl. After I played it they came up to me again and requested for it one more time so I played it back to back. Cute. It's also the edited version, thank God. The rest of the party was ballroom. They had a lot of folks that wanted to get their line dancing on and I obliged. Sometimes they are tougher audiences than the younguns, asking for this and that. Oh yeah, they had a fondue fountain the size of those wedding punch bowls that just pours chocolate. I'll let Bev explain that one. She got some for herself and for me, dipped poundcake, strawberries and rice crispy treats, mmm....

1 Comments:

At 12:11 PM , Blogger bev said...

i will have to devote a whole blog entry just for that fountain. MMMmmm!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home