Tuesday, October 25, 2005

It's all about me

I've been in training the past couple of days at my new job, sitting with the person that I'll be replacing. She's buying a home in Colorado, trying to get away from all of the hustle and bustle of the Bay Area. (Sure wish I could do that!) Her last day was supposed to be this friday but after a meeting we had today, she and my manager (actually she's not technically my manager) had it out and decided that it would be best if she just stepped aside. Which now means that tomorrow when I get to the office I will be running the show. I'm excited but nervous. I'm up to the challenge as I've learned a lot so far but it's never enough. I know there's a lot more material to go through but I'll face it head on. I've got resources to help me, in and out of the bank. I've got the power of the internet. Lastly, she's got no one to replace me so I'm all she's got! Kinda cool, huh?

3 Comments:

At 12:35 AM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

And heck, you're surrounded by a bunch of geeks so you can always lean on them. :) But I'm sure you'll do just fine. Heck, it's not like trying to beat juggle. Now that's hard.

So you said they "had it out"...anything exciting? Yelling? Catfight? Hair pulling? :)

 
At 11:46 AM , Blogger Edward said...

you can do it!

 
At 11:57 PM , Blogger DJ John said...

It wouldn't have been much of a catfight, being that they're both about 50-60 lbs overweight.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home