Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Tuesday Bloody Tuesday

Tuesday I worked at the arena for the U2 concert. I've never seen them live but have always been a big fan of them. I remember driving around SF my first year in college listening to the Joshua Tree album anywhere I went. I have to say that was the best concert I've seen at the arena. I got to see a lot of it because I worked a new spot called the Mezzanine Club. I'm in an actual room this time and not having to go in and out of the suite just to watch. Damien Marley opened up for them, son of Bob Marley. He did a couple of Bob's songs, Exodus and Could You Be Loved, that was cool. I love reggae live. The bass guitar just puts you in a trance. But he lastly played his hit, Welcome to Jamrock, and the place went wild. Keep in mind the majority of the audience were white and older but they still rocked it.
U2 then came out and immediately turned it out. It was so packed with people, at least 19,000. The stage had the rounded walkway, with people inside and outside of the stage circles. Bono was his usual self but when you see him performing it's such an amazing vibe that he puts outs. They played all of my favorites (my 2 top favorites are sunday bloody sunday and where the streets have no name, i know, they're older songs but they rock.) Hearing their music live is amazing because they are just so powerful, from the marching drums to the deep bass and guitar rythmns. And everyone knows the lyrics. We sang with them all night. The best thing about it is I get to do it all over again tonight. They play on wednesday as well.

4 Comments:

At 11:01 AM , Blogger Gary said...

I have two coworkers going :-)

Too bad I'm not into concerts. I dislike the crowds and traffic.

 
At 9:49 AM , Blogger Mur said...

ohhhh you're so lucky. I love them, especially the old stuff!

 
At 12:31 PM , Blogger bernadette said...

what a cool gig you have to see so many things at the area for "free". ;)

 
At 12:16 PM , Blogger laragitara said...

oh that is so sweet beyond words!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home