Monday, November 21, 2005

Thank God for short weeks

I've been pretty tired lately, working all dem jobs like a Jamaican, man... Last week, I was with my fellow manager working on a new software program and while she sat at the computer I watched. We were also on a conference call but unfortunately we didn't have a speakerphone so I had to just sit and watch some more while she received instructions. Sure enough, I was getting drowsy and nodding off here and there. She noticed, laughed a little, asked me if I wanted to go back to the office but I declined. I got my second wind and completed the training session with her. The next day while sitting at my desk it happened again. I started dozing off again and she caught me. She was pretty upset, called me into a meeting room, and counseled me, but didn't write me up. I was embarrassed and couldn't say much. I blame it on the heat around me, it just knocks me out. At least this is technically a short week, one of the more non-active weeks in a bank year. I got a couple things I need to do at work but I'm also working at the arena a couple of nights this week as well. As far as falling asleep, unfortunately I'm not much of a coffee drinker. If I don't have anything to eat in the morning and I just drink coffee I have a stomach ache the rest of the day. I hate the burn that a cup of coffee can give your tongue as well. I love fraps but that's a weird morning drink. Plus I'm trying to stay away from soda for dental and weight reasons. Maybe cold water will do the trick, internally and externally.

4 Comments:

At 4:12 PM , Blogger bev said...

how about (green) tea or diet soda?

 
At 8:58 PM , Blogger sabrinasmom said...

that was happening to me and i was diagnosed with sleep apnea. check with your primary care dr. to see if you should do a sleep study.

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger ojpt said...

I used to avoid coffee too, but a few years ago I gave in and now I am a serious addict. On long work days I would have a minimum of 4 cups. You might try drinking it with coffeemate instead of cream -- that'll help with the stomach aches. And use splenda instead of sugar to prevent teeth-rotting.

 
At 8:11 AM , Blogger Gary said...

The one saturday I had to work on the website with my co-worker, I dozed off while typing! He laughed. Then again, we never work on the weekends...

I usually go to my car around 2pm and take a 20 minute nap. That is usually enough to get me charged up. If you sleep longer, it will be hard to get up.

I'm not a coffee drinker either, but diet pepsi seems to help.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home