Saturday, November 19, 2005

My Two Sons

On saturday I stayed home and did all kinds of things around the house while the wife went off and painted the town. It also meant that I would be keeping the boys with me as well. It went really well, although there were a couple of gliches. In the morning while I vacuumed and cleaned the house, the boys played outside in the backyard riding there bikes and yelling in screaming. I was able to vacuum and steam clean a couple of the rooms which makes the floor smell so much better, even if your carpet doesn't smell bad to begin with. Apparently though, the boys were playing in the dirt of my makeshift Japanese sand garden which meant I'd have to clean them and also re-rake the garden. That was fine though as I felt my stress melt away, raking through the dirt and developing soothing line patterns. Since I was outside and with a rake I made my way to the front yard. And although we have an HOA fee that pays for our front yard's landscaping, you coulda fooled me. I had two separate weed growths starting in the lawn, not to mention a three foot weed stalk growing it's way up to the jolly green giant's house. Also, the winds of the past week blew a lot of bark all over the lawn which I proceeded to clean. The boys joined me out there as well but it can be a pain keeping them from running into the street. Luckily we're not on a seriously busy street.

After finishing the outdoor work we made our way back into the house where I demolished the laundry. I did our clothes and the boys clothes, and folded, and put away half. I left the wife's in the basket, folded, but ready for her to put away. Ask her if she did it. At lunch, Andres wanted ice cream so after he and Mio ate noodles I put out bowls for them and offered some vanilla ice cream. He saw the gelato that I bought from costco and wanted to eat the dark chocolate instead. So much for saving that for me. Later as I continued to clean I saw him eating more gelato but he was using the huge serving spoon to eat. It looked pretty funny. We chilled for a bit, taking in some Madagascar on dvd, and then made our way out to Vallejo.

I needed to return this weak as manicure set I got at Marshalls. I bought it on friday, tried to use the nail cutter, and it was just horrible. I would have got better results from a KFC spork. I also brought the steam cleaner to give to my mom who wanted to clean another room of hers. On the way to Vallejo the boys were knocked out so I drove around awhile to pass the time. I picked up some Long John Silver's (extra crumbs), and ate and waited for my mom in the Kohl's parking lot. After meeting with her the boys and I went to Toys R Us and used a gift card that Andres received on his b-day. He bought this Yu-Gi Oh toy dragon and Mio got a little mini rubber ball, like the old dodgeball ones. The boys aren't too bad in Toys R U. I was horrible when I was a kid, wanting everything in sight. They have their moments though.

We then went back to the double V and chilled. There was only one bad moment of the day and that came when Andres found sweet and sour sauce from McDo in the fridge. Mio got a hold of it, squeezed it open, all over the red couch. I was furious... I put them both in time out in their playroom, sitting on different couches. They stayed pretty quiet while in there. Mio was in trouble for the offense but Andres was the accomplice since he gave it to Mio. They both seemed to have gotten the message though. Eventually the wife came home, and we all crashed, knowing the next day would be long as well.

4 Comments:

At 4:09 PM , Blogger bev said...

that Costco gelato is the best! the last time they had the road show where you could pick the flavors (hazelnut chocolate and tiramisu, yum!!) i bought 8 pints. yeah.

the only good nailcutters are the revlon kind. nothing else will do!!

 
At 4:12 PM , Blogger DJ John said...

I picked up a hazelnut, vanilla bean, dark chocolate and pecan. I was going to get green tea but it's not good on my stomach.

 
At 8:53 PM , Blogger VirtualErn said...

pink shirts...manicure set...Mr. Mom...what's next? :) Good to hear that time out actually works instead of having to resort to palo. I know time out wouldn't have done squat with me and my 2 brothers.

 
At 3:48 PM , Blogger Mighty Mom said...

And no I haven't put my laundry away... but I DID put the rest of the boys clothes away! I have weird system when it comes to their clothes!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home