Tuesday, November 29, 2005

The Lion of the Left

I worked at the Arena on Monday night as the Warriors took down the New Orleans Hornets and when I went home I popped into the celica with no radio. I bring with me this cheap little radio that gets some am and fm stations but unfortunately the signals get dropped closer and closer to Vallejo. My favorite thing to do is to tune into KGO 810 with Bernie Ward, the Lion of the Left. He is in my opinion one of the strongest voices out there for progressive thinking and can battle with anyone. As he took a call from a Bush apologist and the caller ran down right wing talking point after right wing talking point, Bernie took him down point after point. At this time though, my radio was dying so I said screw it. I called 415-808-0810 so I could talk to him myself. It also helped because as you wait you get to hear what's on the radio. At the time I called him I was in Hercules and by the time I got on I was at home in Vacaville. He does take awhile to get to his callers. I proceded to have a great discussion about how Republicans better remember their conduct in this current time because when the Democrats come back into power, politics being cyclical as it is, they will not be able to criticize one bit. We know that's not going to really happen but it'll really expose their stripes. We broke down the administrations repeated exaggerations about progress in Iraq as well as their continued attempt to squash any kind of dissenting opinion. I felt that I made a lot of great points but I didn't get to hear him comment completely on my remarks since I only heard the phoneline and not the radio. The phoneline was cut off while he was commenting on some of my thoughts. It was really a great opportunity for me to let out a lot of frustration that I've had since this bums been the president.

2 Comments:

At 1:59 AM , Blogger ojpt said...

Two news pieces pissing me off lately: One is the demise of GM -- the right is pointing fingers at the unions and blaming Japanese auto of unfair play (wrong on both counts). Second is the renewed attention on border security and the "immigration problem".

So much diversion going on right now, that it's hard to focus on real issues.

 
At 7:32 PM , Blogger Mur said...

Good for you john!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home