Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tough crowd

Last Saturday I had a gig at Scott's restaurant for Moe's old work, CDM, an engineering firm. They had their Year-end party and I provided the entertainment. Unfortunately, it was a pretty tough crowd that didn't want to do a lot of dancing. There were a couple of people who danced a little but for the most part it was slim pickin's. Da Factor came with me since Moe was out of town. It was a good thing that he came too since it was hard to get around the area without his help, moving and setting up the gear, even moving the van after unloading and loading. I'm still getting used to our new set of Denon cd turntables. It's really like spinning on turntables though, amazing. I still have a couple other X-mas parties to gig for and these I have a feeling will be a little more festive. I'm looking forward to Dec 17th when I'll be in the city for CHW. They're also doing a Monte Carlo deal. One thing I noticed these days is that the parties are no longer called X-mas parties but either holiday parties or year-end or annual. I know it's the more politically correct thing to do, being more inclusive to those who don't "celebrate" X-mas. It's just funny that the religious-right is calling it a "war on christmas".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home