Friday, July 21, 2006

Big Weekend... after big weekend... after big weekend

This is actually a big weekend for my family. My cousin is finally getting married to his longtime sweetheart. The wedding is in San Jose and the ceremony is at a mansion also in San Jose (forgot the name of the place, but I've been there). They've been together for so long and I actually remember when they first started going out because we went and watch a movie together with them at the old theater on Geary in the Richmond district. It's a little embarrassing for me because they've outlasted so many of my own relationships and I'm supposed to be the elder, more experienced cousin... yup. I'll be deejaying for them as well, trying to help them save since it is a pretty large wedding. I'm up late putting together my cds and music lists hoping that I won't forget anything. Luckily I have two huge harddrives with a ton of music and I'll have that just in case someone makes one of those abstract requests like Animotion or OMD. It's been my experience that at least one person will request something that you don't have on you at the time. You might have it somewhere, just not on you when they want it. We'll be staying in San Jose as well since we need to be at the wedding rehearsal. Andres is in the wedding as the ring bear and we're going to have Mio walk with us since we're secondary sponsors ourselves, the wife and I. We're not looking forward to the 100+ degree heat that's supposed to show up over the weekend. Andres has a tuxedo and I'm going to wear a shirt and tie. Gonna need lots of water.

Sunday is also busy as we have a christening in Fremont (congratulations to the Cruz's) and there's also the restart of Likha practice. I know those that just got back from France are still recovering because it took us a little while to get back in the swing of things after the Netherlands. At least I'm not dancing or playing in the big show. I believe I'll be the stage manager for the shows though.

After this weekend there is a friday gig and a saturday gig so I gotta keep this deejay thing rolling. If I can do it full-time it'll be too sweet.

1 Comments:

At 9:22 AM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Dood, I'm still tired.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home