Thursday, August 24, 2006

Ramblings of an out of work dj/techie

The job search is going. It's hard when you weigh what you get from unemployment checks compared to what's out there. All the money I'd spend on traveling to work would almost come out in the wash compared to just staying home.

I'm getting more phone calls for gigs out of the Napa area. I put an add in the Smart Yellow pages and although most people will call just to get a quote they always seem pleasantly surprised at the price. But I know that region can afford a little more than the usual.

Sometimes it's hard to get out of bed. I have all the premium channels on cable and there's always something on. I just saw/heard a line that always makes me laugh. "They're always after me lucky charms..." Anyone?

Damn, gas is expensive. Since we don't have the Matrix right now, we're having to fill up a little more often with a much larger tank. I'm still looking at the Fit although I'm seeing the Yaris may be a little less expensive. Even the Corolla which gets great gas mileage is around the same price as the Fit but a little bigger.

My Mac has become a really good friend of mine. I leave it on, checking mail, reading articles, doing research. I think I'll rarely touch a PC from here on out except for work purposes. At least, when I start work again.

I setup my turntables and CDJs in the garage so whoever wants to come by and spin Serato, CDs, or even real vinyl come on by. Next sunday, Sept 3, we're having a party for Likha. I think I'm going to setup the garage like an old school garage party. Time to get hyphy...

It's good to see the wife moving about a little better. It was painful to see her struggle here and there. Now you know why they ask you "... in sickness and in health..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home