Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Got a project done!

I've been wanting to straighten out the garage, especially since we have so many bins of things that have items that we haven't touched since we packed it. The bins were just chillin on the side, inside the garage, stacked to kingdom come. I went to Costco and they were selling those ceiling racks, picked up three of them, took them home and then got to work. Unfortunately, if took me partly two days. The toughest part was having to screw the anchors into the studs. The screws were three inches long and I could only get them screwed in half way with the drill. That meant having to use a ratchet to do the rest. So that's three racks, twelve anchors, with two screws for each anchors. My arms were dead tired. After completing all three racks I then lifted the bins up to the racks. I made sure to go through the bins and then label them as well. I labeled some bins "kalat" since really, that's what they were. I then went through the rest of the items in the garage, swept the floors, vacuumed the carpet I laid out for our little workout area, and threw away all of the new junk I created. The garage looks great and I can actually have legitimate garage parties in it like back in the old days. I have another project that I'll start tomorrow, wish me luck. This is inside the house so I think I'll have a little easier time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home