Monday, August 08, 2005

Anyone wanna work at the Oakland Arena?

I forgot to tell everyone, but our Suites Services area is looking for new employees for concierge positions. Let me tell you what I do there, it's the same position. Before the arena is opened for the events, we straighten out all the luxury suites that are to be occupied for the night. We setup remote controls for tv's, make sure the toilet flushes and straighten out the chairs. That's usually at around 4:30. The gates open at 6:00 so at that time we are at our posts giving clients directions to their suites, checking tickets in the suite entrance as well. Throughout the night we'll continually answer questions and meet clients requests, ie. where the food places are, where's the bar, where's our food server. Once the event is over we make sure the suites are emptied and that there are no further client issues. Generally we clock out at 11:30, but it's more like 10:45-11:00.

The positives are several. I don't pay for a ticket, in fact I even get tickets to games once in awhile. I take a break in a suite to watch the game. I have almost full access thoughout the arena. I've met several celebrities and athletes as well. We also work concerts and other types of events: Disney on Ice, the Circus or And1 basketball. You don't have to work all of the events. I am even able to hook up friends with a suite at either a game or concert as well.

The negatives are some. You are working so you can't watch the whole game. We don't get paid much, 9.25 an hour. You have to deal with some stuckup clients.

Let me know if you want an extra job. The Warriors should be pretty good this year, finally. I've been at the arena now for 3 years and it's been fun. I always like the extra funds I get every 2 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home