Tuesday, October 24, 2006

We are the Champions!

I play softball on monday and wednesday nights in Benicia. On both teams it's been awhile since we'd one a championship. So this week I have two chances to come away with a new championship tee-shirt. Tonight, we won the first game in a rout, against a team that beat us earlier with a 13 run first inning, sadly against my pitching. I didn't pitch this game but I did have a couple of big hits. I'm also playing catcher which is an important position in this league since it plays a lot like first base but without the shots. For championship, we would have played my team that I play with on wednesday nights but they lost their playoff game. (Serves them right for not having me on the team!) In our championship game we got off to a great start on defense shutting them out if the first 3 innings while on offense we hit the crap out of the ball. When it got late into the game it was apparent that we were going to win. At one point the score was 20-3. Unfortunately we have guys on our team that like to talk s#%t, not necessarily to the other team but just outloud. It really gets on the umpires nerves and could potentially cost us games. It almost cost us the championship tonight because one guy got tossed, again we were up by 20 at the time, but he couldn't stop. I remember a game where we were losing 25-1, one guy was talking s#%t, the umpire called the game and gave us the victory, while we were down 24 runs. I was worried that it was going to happen to us this time. Luckily, more of us on the team got the point, got the rest of the team to understand and we won our first championship of the year. Luckily, this was the last monday night game until next spring so we did it at the right time. Wednesday night I'm in the same position and we'll try to do it again. We get a championship tee-shirt when you win it all. I'm looking to add to my wardrobe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home