Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Just another sunday

On sunday we just had a wedding to go to. Nothing major, just one that's been in anticipated for the last 36 years! Andres' ninang got married at the Palm Event center and it truly was an unforgettable affair. Since we had a part to play in this event, we stayed in Livermore saturday night with OJRokk and Tin and UPSer. I enjoyed the late night pizza from Amici's on saturday. If you haven't eaten there you're really missing out. We went to the one in Dublin. Anyways, sunday morning the we three guys went to Stoneridge mall in Pleasanton to get some last minute items. Tin finished up her beautiful centerpieces and we all needed to get to the center by 1pm. Of course, we being Pilipinos didn't make it there till 1:30 but with all of the people helping out that day we got everything done in a snap. Moe and I did the audio for the ceremony in the wine cellar. It looked so beautiful in there with the wine barrels and the huge chandeliers lit up. It kinda reminded me of a Prince video but in really good taste. When it started and everyone waited for the bride you could just feel how special this day felt. As soon as I saw the bride I had a lump in my throat and my eyes started welling up a little. The ceremony went seamlessly, the rondalla played beautifully and of course they both said "I do". I played the role of emcee, which I was honored to do so, but I felt so nervous because all of our friends were there and I didn't want to screw it up. Since I wasn't deejaying that pressure of being the entertainment was off but I still had to provide cocktail music and dinner music. Donger, I have to apologize, that was my playlist at dinner, I swung and missed on a couple of those songs. Keep in mind, I'm trying to entertain some of the older Pilipinos in attendance, since I knew the band wasn't going to play any Englebert Humperdink. At least I gave them some during dinner. I even saw some of them singing along to the song. I did end up playing some music from my iPod for the breaks between the bands set. All I know is I never want to be an iPod dj ever again. I had to search for songs to play, then have them wait for the pause between songs until the song loaded. I even played by sheer coincidence two songs that the band had in their set. When I played Usher's "Yeah!" they all looked at me with a look of "Oh No!" They were cool with that though and just laughed it off. When the band did play they rocked it. If you ever get a chance to see the Cheeseballs in the city somewhere (I'd seen them at a club back in the day) you'll enjoy them. The dancefloor stayed full the whole night. One thing we didn't do, bride and groom, is give you a chance to speak to everyone there. I know that the night was full of everything but I should have remembered to give you the mic at one point that evening. I do know that everyone saw in your eyes that you were really thankful for all of those that were in attendance. Congrats again you too, thank you for letting us be a part of your biggest day, and we look forward to the baby shower, whenever that is (no pressure!)

3 Comments:

At 5:01 PM , Blogger Gary said...

I was looking forward to you and mo's music :-) In fact, I actually brought my 500GB hard drive just in case!

The band was different and fun, so at least you had a chance to enjoy yourself.

I'm not even going to ask the "when are you having kids" question - because it can get really annoying after awhile.

 
At 5:59 PM , Blogger Mur said...

John,
Thank you thank you thank you!!!! We couldn't have asked for a better wedding. We are so fortunate to have such great friends, like all of you, to help put this event together. We definitely couldn't have pulled it off without all of your help!!! You did a great job emceeing! We love you guys so much.

Mur

 
At 8:06 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Hey, check out Mur's blog

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home