Thursday, October 05, 2006

Tomorrow I Am an A's Fan!!!

Ok, so most of my life I've been a big Giants fan, rooting for them since I was 4 years old. Tomorrow, Friday, I'm attending my first A's game. I want to say my first A's game ever, but I coulda swore I went to the Coliseum for a baseball game a long time ago, not sure. If the A's players were Giants they would rule Northern California but since they've played stepchild to the Giants even with all their World Series championships they just don't get the recognition they deserve. So I for one am going to make the trip to Oakland, root for them to sweep the Twins and maybe make it all the way to the World Series. I still can't find myself switching loyalties but I can appreciate a team that wins with what little it has and has fun doing it. So for that tomorrow I am an A's fan.

4 Comments:

At 1:07 PM , Blogger triple5funk said...

I'm a Giants fan too, but not too proud to give credit when it's due. The A's are a great team and I've had fun watching them at the Coliseum...$2 wednesdays! Gotta love the bleachers...

 
At 2:13 PM , Blogger neekoh said...

i'm the opposite...growing up in San Leandro, I'm more of an A's fan -- though I don't like baseball much. I only started liking the Giants when Bonds came around and Pac Bell Park was made and I lived two blocks from it. I loved how the A's used the 1989 earthquake to sweep the Giants in the World Series.

 
At 9:18 PM , Blogger mrs cruz said...

I've sorta been following the past couple of games because of my co-worker. She was wearing her A's gear all week! I may just have to jump on the bandwagon even though I've only watched one baseball game my whole life. She was at the game today today too.

 
At 9:36 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

dood, if I didn't hate the AL style of play so much, I would be a HUGE A's fan. I do give them props for being consistent with their drive to the playoffs year in and year out. Gotta love that green and gold motif.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home