Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Serato coversion nearly complete

On Saturday in Stockton I played at the wife's cousin's party. I played more than I thought I was going to because I thought it was more for the bands than me but I was wrong (not the first time nor the last). We were a little late coming to the party but there weren't a ton of people there yet. I got to patch into the bands audio which was cool so I didn't have to bring the whole package, just my CDJs, mixer, laptop, harddrives and the Serato. I really wanted to use the Serato this time because I didn't know what to expect. I just don't want to be an iTunes, press-play DJ and the Serato allows you to avoid that. I had to play everything from ballroom to line dancing to 80's modern rock to disco to alternative to swing/lindy hop. There was such a variety of requests that I was on my toes the whole time. You might notice that I didn't list hip hop or rap. The one time I threw on some hip hop, Promiscuous Girl, the celebrant's dad came over and asked me to change it. Even though all the girls came out to dance to it the family preferred no rap or hip hop. That's actually probably another story. But anyways, my bad... So back to the Serato, it was the first time I was able to use it without it freezing up. Big thanks to GCDC for fixing my Mac. I was able to transition from regular CD to Serato seemlessly. The next step is to make the switch to turntables. I've been practicing at home with the MKIIs which is a lot of fun. I suck at scratching but I can still mix pretty good. I'm considering bringing them to the party this weekend just for the hell of it.

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM , Blogger Gary said...

Dude, you are a natural :-)
I'm glad it all worked! That is how macs should be.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home