Saturday, September 23, 2006

Just like riding a bicycle

I did a gig today with the group in our backyard city of Fairfield. It was for a 65th birthday and I actually knew some of the people from the party. One was an ex-girlfriend, yikes! Anyways, I did Pandanggo with Oasias and Pitik Mingaw with the wife. One thing I love about gigs like these is you can play to the crowd, especially with Pitik. When the wife dropped her handkerchief I went over to pick it up and did one of those WWE, The Rock, "Smell What the Rock Is Cooking" looks. It was as if I was entranced by the scent of the handkerchief. The crowd ate it up. I'm still a little rusty but at least for gigs I can play it off. In Pandanggo I almost slipped as my pants unfolded past my knees and I sliding all over the stage. I made it through, didn't drop the glass when Jen Poblete put it on my forehead, didn't clank with anyone as we twirled the glasses in the handkerchief and made it out in one piece. I know, some of you are thinking, big deal, you're supposed to do that, but I'll tell ya, when it's been awhile, it's really been awhile. I'm looking forward to doing more gigs and dancing for them as well.

1 Comments:

At 12:42 PM , Blogger bev said...

thanks again john for performing last minute. I heard the crowd responding to your Pitik and thought it was so cool. great job!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home