Friday, September 29, 2006

I love the 80's

On Saturday we're going to Stockton for a birthday party for Laurie's cousin who graduated from high school this year but is only celebrating that till now. Her party is 50's themed and she's actually going to sing and play with the band as she is a talented guitar player and singer. She's asked me if I could play inbetween sets which I happily obliged and when I asked her if she wanted 50's music she said no. I then assumed she would need hip hop and again she said no. She asked me for 80's alternative/new wave. When she said that I had a smile on my face from ear to ear. I am a big fan of "New Wave" of the 80's. When I was part of my deejay group back then I was the one who always had to play the "New Wave" music from Depeche Mode to OMD to Devo to New Order and on and on. I never got so deep into it that I got a Flock of Seagulls haircut but I did wear a flat top with the front long so I could spike it like Howard Jones or Martin Gore. Oh, and no black trenchcoat for me either. The wife wanted to get a poodle skirt for the party but I don't think she found one. I'm going to do a Fonzie impression with the white tee and tight blue jeans. Unfortunately I don't have the motorcycle boots that he had. Maybe I could borrow Lara Guitara's motorcycle boots she used to wear back in the day. What song brings you back to the 80's?

1 Comments:

At 8:20 AM , Blogger triple5funk said...

Everybody Wants to Rule the World - Tears for Fears

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home