Monday, September 25, 2006

Get yur freak on

We went to Down Low for the B-day party of Herna, Randy and Michelle on Saturday night and had a great time. The wife and I don't do much clubbing as you can imagine and the dancing we mostly have is at weddings, a lot of differences. The club played some cool old school as well as some new stuff. It was cool seeing the deejay was using Serato as his laptop was up and the turntables were also real record players, not CDJs. I think if pressed to do it, I could spin at a club considering I have most of the music if not all of the same stuff he had. Maybe there's a club out in Davis that could use a deejay on those late tuesday nights.

We also got our drink on and I have to admit, I know very little about mixed drinks and which ones are the more popular ones. UPSer told me to order a Martini with DiSaronno. The bartender looked at me funny, wanted to know what else I wanted in it and I looked at her like a deer in the headlights. She gave me the drink and said that if she didn't like it, bring it back and she'll fix a new drink. Sure enough, the wife took my Kettle and water from me, I returned the Martini and she gave me a Cosmopolitan instead. Later, I got a Jack and Coke which hit the spot and later we got UPSer to use his deep pockets to buy a round of shots. First it was the Petron shots which went down smooth and a little while later we got him to buy Michelle and us some Chocolate Cake shots. First time I'd had it, in fact, it was the first I'd heard of it.
After all those drinks UPSer was done. He got his groove on but when the club was done, he was too faded to do anymore partying. We couldn't join the afterparty (not his fault) so we went to Nation's and got burgers. With some more great conversation and good food we winded down and then made our way home.

The next day we picked up the boys from my mom's house where they slept and took them to Marine World. As much as I love the place it's just better to go on the weekday in the summer. It was pretty crowded so we didn't get to do much but at least the dolphin and killer whale show was good. We also went to my buddy's house in Green Valley to finally see the house and have dinner with his new wife. We're now thinking of moving towards that way, which is closer to Vallejo and in a really nice neighborhood/community. We'll see.

1 Comments:

At 9:11 PM , Blogger Big Sexy said...

Dood, I barely remember what happened after the club closed down. I just remember being led to the car by ading L.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home